Saturday, January 29, 2011

First mission

Hi!

I'm Unitama, the organizer of this marathon group. Finally we will make the first official posting of this blog. Of course before this Wepi managed to write about some of her feelings and happenings in the middle of our first marathon, which was the Metal Gear Solid marathon in January 14-16.

Now I will write a bit about our group's small history. This will be told from my perspective.

Everything started in autumn 2009 when I found about the game broadcastings. The interaction between the players and followers fascinated me and during the next year I watched many great streamings and even some game marathons. They encouraged me to first broadcast games by myself and later I started to think about marathoning some games too. Since I had had so great time following the marathons I made up my mind and started searching for other gamers from my small circle of friends.

Fortunately both of my sisters, Kiraito and Yuffie, were more or less gamers themselves, so that was two more members for the marathon group. We wondered which game series we would be playing in our marathon. The Metal Gear Solid series rose up in our minds because it had so many fans. We also remembered that there were some MGS fans in our anime club so we got Lefrin and Wepi from there, which made five people in our game marathon group.

Now we just decided the date of the marathon and the usual small details like fooding and the place where to marathon. I myself knew from the beginning that I wouldn't be playing the MGS games because I was and still am very bad at shooting and sneaking games. In stead I collected all the needed hardware and software for our marathon and during the marathon I was mostly a technician.

In my opinion our first marthon was a success. Sure we started one hour late and we had three hours long pause in the middle of the marathon, but otherwise everything went great. I got a good last minute tip where to link about our first marathon, so we got a pretty good amount of watchers for our marathon. I have to also thank Nes-Retku and his great webpage where we most likely got many watchers.

Thanks for everybody who followed our marathon too! You were a great audience. I hope to see you also in our future marathons.

At the moment we're planning to marathon something in next summer. It may be MGS4 or something else, but we will definitely broadcast more game marathons in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment